Wednesday, February 25, 2009

How I got a Ping Pong Table


My dad wanted a ping pong table very very very much.  So, we went to a ping pong table store.  At the ping pong table store, there was a ping pong/pool/air hockey/foosball table.  It was for $1200. The ping pong table we bought was $300.  It is not an outdoor one, meaning that it can withstand the rain, so we have to assemble it and dissassemble it whenever it rains.  Right now, it is in our kitchen.  Here is a picture.

There is a festival called Jazz in the Park.  At the festival, there is a jazz band, home made treats, and a bounce house.  At the festival, I had one cookie, and four bottles worth of razzberry soda water.  And that's it.  I did not do anything in the actual school festival, I just skated in an empty parking lot near the school with one of my friends.  We skated for three hours, then it was 8.30pm, our time.  I fell over a couple of times, but that wasn't bad.  And by the way, there were more than 600 people at the party.  I was SO tired at school today, because I went to bed at 9.30 last night.

2 comments:

Aunt Heidi said...

Wow, a ping pong table! When Grandpa comes out, I bet you'll have lots of fun with him. You better practice up! Be sure to learn how to slam! Sounds like you drank a ton of soda--were there bathrooms at the park or did you have to run home?!! Glad to hear you are skateboarding. Are people amazed at your ability? I sure am! Lots of love and kisses, Aunt Heidi

Dana said...

Dear Casey,

I think maybe Alex and I should get rid of our dining room table and get a ping-pong table instead. We rarely use the dining room table and ping-pong sounds like more fun.

How are you doing? Every time I look up during Morning Meeting, I expect to see you sitting there (the real you) with your long hair getting into your eyes. It still seems strange not to see you (and all of your belongings strewn over the classroom).

I am wondering what you think of Australia so far. What has surprised you the most? What is pretty much the same and what do you absolutely hate?

I remember when I moved from Canada to Texas, I would be driving along (on the right side of the road) and think, "Wow! I can't believe I am living in Texas" Do you get that same feeling in Australia?

I also remember that I couldn't believe how hot it was and how big everything seemed. It was so different from Canada and I missed my family so much.

Our furniture and my car took a long to arrive. Alex was away, I had only a camp chair (with a Canadian flag on it) to sit on, and I had no car. I was stuck in my house (there was nothing nearby that I could walk to) and I didn't even have any books to read.

I was feeling really, really sad and lonely until the day my neighbour came over and brought me a blueberry crumble. She introduced herself and made me feel really happy. Eventually, Judi became one of my best friends in Texas. I still go visit her sometimes.

I'm glad you didn't have the same experience as I did when I moved to a new country! I can't wait to hear about all the new things you've done and experienced.

Take care.

Dana

ps Did you notice how I used the Canadian way to spell? Is Australia the same as Canada for spelling?